Visa: It is very easy to go to India as a Bangladeshi tourist, getting a visa from the Indian High Commission is very easy for Bangladeshi. Indian Government implemented some opportunities for the Bangladeshi visitors. First of all, you have to collect visa from Indian High Commission in ‘By Road Category’ through Changrabandha border because the border is nearest to Darjeeling from Bangladesh.
Bus Selection: Every day some ac bus or Non-ac bus leaves from Gabtoli, Dhaka to Burimari the third largest land port of Bangladesh. The fare of the non-ac bus is 600-650 TK and AC bus 850 TK with the Hanif, SR, Manik Express and Shyamoli. But if you go to with the Shyamoli bus have to pay 1500 TK as they cut ticket to Siliguri. It will be wise to choose another bus service without Shyamoli because it carries you to Burimari border with AC bus but from Changrabandha to Siliguri what kind of bus service waiting for you there is no guarantee. As the bus company has no control beyond the border, it is controlled by the broker. It will be wise to select an AC bus until to Burimari in the summer season to keep yourself fresh.
Journey: Most of the bus kicked off the journey from Gabtoli to Burimari around 8 pm as you reach at the Burimari border around 6-7 am. Reaching the border, take your breakfast in Bangladesh side. Then cross the immigration (Bangladesh-India). When you reached in Changrabandha without time off sit down on the Jeeps left for Siliguri. Because you have to keep in mind you must reach Darjeeling by afternoon.
You can reserve a jeep if visitors more, otherwise you sit down on the jeep in sharing within 250 rupees. More than three hours you need to reach Siliguri. Perhaps within 1 pm, you reach the Siliguri where take your lunch within 120 rupees, if being late didn’t need to take the lunch in Siliguri. Please buy an Indian SIM card to keep connected with the country talk to Bangladesh per minute cost 2 rupees with the power load along with you can active data pack.
Then you sit down on the jeep for Darjeeling with 200 rupees per head or you can reserve a jeep within 1500 TK. Only by three hours, the jeep will reach you the mountain rounded state Darjeeling.
Hotel Booking: You can get a standard hotel within 1000-1200 rupees with WiFi facilities and hot water. Keep your mind that everything becomes closed by 8 pm in Darjeeling so you have to book a hotel and finish your dinner by 8 pm at night.
Where you Visit:
- First Day: Get up at 3 o’clock in the morning and go to Tiger Hill. You will see sun raising that touched Himalaya ice. Then try to visit all day long rock garden, sleeping station, zoo, and tea garden. There are several mosques in Darjeeling must try to see large mosques.
- Second Day: Kicked off the journey for the Kangchenjunga, it is far away from the Darjeeling city where you see a side of the Himalayas.
- Third Day: If you want to come to return visiting Mirik, a picturesque tourist spot. But it will be wise to stay at Mirik as it is nearest to Siliguri where you stay a night at a cheap cost. Don’t stay here more than a day.
- Fourth Day: Get up early at morning and kicked off the journey for Siliguri from Mirik. Only two hours need to come to Siliguri from Mirik and three hours need to come border from Siliguri. Keep in mind after 6 pm all the activities of the border are closed.
- During to Go: There are some brokers help you in the border exchange of 200 TK to cross the two borders (Bangladesh-India). Keep an eye on the broker after giving passport them. If you want, you can cross the immigration alone. Keep in mind don’t give any rupees with the passport if having rupees ignore it. Keep some dollars with you. Don’t tell more than five-six thousand how much you have.
- During to Return: In the two side of immigrating must ask you what have you bought, you tell that have bought some essentials product for the family. How much did you cost for the shopping try to avoid giving an answer to the question? If told not more than five-six thousand. Besides some brokers also help you returning the country exchange of 150 TK. Keep in mind a thing doesn’t buy a product more than four pieces and keep your products in the bag mixed with an old and new product.
- Money Exchange: Please turn your Bangla TK into rupees at the Changrabandha because you will not get a good rate in Darjeeling.
Where you Shopping: It will be wise to buy some cold clothes from Darjeeling beside you can buy some tea packets. Other shopping would be better off in Siliguri.
Where You Eat: There some good restaurants in Darjeeling to eat. You can go to in front of the big mosque to eat in Muslim Restaurants.
When You Go: It will be foolish to Darjeeling during the rainy season, from September to January is a good time to enjoy the Darjeeling tour.
How Much Cost:
- Dhaka to Burimari (850 TK + Bribe in border 150TK + Changrabandha to Siliguri 250 TK + Siliguri to Darjeeling 200 TK= 1450 TK.
- Hotel cost 500 TK per person per night.
- Food all day 500 TK per person.
- If you hired a jeep for the whole day will be cost 2200-2500 TK.
- It is off-season rate; in the season 30% cost will be increased so do the math according to your journey season.